Molten Lava Chocolate Cake Mix
Rich, decadent cakes filled with warm molten chocolate.
Oven ready in 8 minutes
Mix and match any 6 mixes and receive Free Shipping!
Molten Lava Chocolate Cake IngredientsSugar, Enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), Semi-Sweet Chocolate (sugar, unsweetened chocolate, cocoa butter, soy lecithin - an emulsifier, vanilla), Cocoa Powder (cocoa - processed with alkali), Salt, Natural Vanilla Flavor.
- Heat oven to 400° F and generously spray or grease bottoms of muffin cups. Place mix in microwave safe bowl, slice butter into patties and place on top of mix.
- Microwave on medium for about 2 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Stir until chips are fully melted and batter forms. If chips remain, place back in microwave for 20 - 30 seconds and stir again. Let cool for 3 minutes.
- Add eggs to batter. Stir until well blended, about 30 seconds. Divide batter evenly between muffin cups.
Muffin Pan Size Makes Bake Time Fill Muffin Cups Standard 8 Cakes 9-11 mins. 2/3 Full Large 6 Cakes 10-12 mins. 1/3 Full Extra Large 4 Cakes 11-13 mins. 1/3 Full
- Bake as directed until toothpick inserted 1/4 inch from side of muffin cup comes out clean. Center of cakes will be very soft and look underbaked.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Loosen cakes by running a thin knife blade around edge of muffin cups. Place baking sheet over top of muffin pan and flip muffin pan upside down. Cakes will release. Place cakes on plates and serve immediately.
Easy Baking Tip! To reheat, microwave uncovered on high for 15–20 seconds.
High Altitude: Add 1 teaspoon water to batter at step 4 and bake as directed.
Add one of the following when adding eggs to the mix: 2 teaspoons coconut
extract, mint extract, finely ground coffee or your favorite liqueur.
Place a thin layer of chopped or slivered almonds in bottom of muffin cups before adding batter and add 2 teaspoons almond extract to mix when adding eggs.
Molten Center Variations
An easy way to add variety to your cakes.
Prepare batter as instructed on back panel. In separate microwave safe bowl, add 2 Tbsp. butter and 1⁄2 cup of one of the following: peanut butter chips, cinnamon chips or white chocolate chips.
Microwave until butter and chips are fully melted, stirring as needed.
Place batter in muffin cups, then add teaspoonfuls of melted chips to center of cups. Bake as directed.