Traditional Shortbread Mix
We continue to hear the comment, "This is the best shortbread I’ve ever had." It’s a buttery classic shortbread with pure ingredients and no artificial colors, flavorings or preservatives. The hint of natural vanilla makes it perfection! Create you own masterpiece with easy stir-in ideas. See our suggestions below!
Oven ready in 5 minutes!
Mix and match any 6 mixes and receive Free Shipping!
Traditional Shortbread Ingredients
Enriched bleached flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), sugar, salt, natural vanilla flavor. Contains Wheat, Milk and Soy.
You Will Need:
» 1 Box Firenza Shortbread Mix
» 1 Cup (2 sticks) Soft Butter at Room Temperature
- Grease or spray the bottom of a 9” round or 8” square pan.
- Place soft butter into a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Slowly, add shortbread mix and continue mixing at low speed until stiff dough forms.
- Press dough evenly into pan. Prick dough with fork.
- Bake 27-32 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Let cool.
- Carefully remove the shortbread from pan. Cut into wedges or squares and serve.
Cookie Baking Instructions
Wrap dough in waxed paper and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
Heat oven to 375°.
Place rounded teaspoonfuls of dough onto a baking sheet about 2” apart. Roll out dough to about 1/4” thickness. Cut out dough with cookie cutter and place onto baking sheet.
Bake 6-9 minutes or until edges are firm. Wait 3-4 minutes before removing from baking sheet. Yields 22 cookies.
Stir-In Ideas - Some simple stir-in ideas to complement out shortbread!
After preparing dough as instructed on the back panel, simply add 1 of these ingredients and mix at low speed for 30 seconds.
1 Cup mini-chocolate chips
1 Cup white chocolate chips
1 Cup dried cranberries
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice